- All fonts (printer and screen) are collected in a folder marked “FONTS.”
- Fonts in any linked/placed artwork have been converted to outlines.
- For Illustrator and InDesign files, provide 2 versions of your file: an unoutlined version and a second version with fonts converted to outlines.
- CMYK (full color projects): All spot colors have been converted to 4-color process; no spot or RGB colors should appear in your color palette if this has been done properly; All photos/images have been converted to CMYK.
- 2 color jobs: Only the two spot colors used in the project show up in the color palette.
1 color jobs: Only one spot color appears in the color palette.
For ALL jobs, regardless of color:
- Any unused colors have been deleted from your color palette.
- All colors used in linked/placed files follow the same color naming as those in your layout.
- All unwanted items deleted from the artboard/ outside the margins.
- If your project bleeds off the page, your file should be set up to allow for at least an 1/8th of an inch (.125″) bleed on all sides.
Support or Linked Files:
- The most current version of all placed files are included.
- Keep File Names Short!! Under 10 characters.
- Update any modified links
- Resolution of images should be at least 200 dpi at 100% of final size; 300 dpi is preferred.
- All sizing, cropping, rotating, color conversion done in the original art program. (Illustrator or Photoshop).
- NO RGB IMAGES ARE USED for print material.
- Link or place support files in the document; do not embed them.
- Any linked files are placed in a folder marked “LINKS” or “PICTURES”
- Quark or InDesign: Files are COLLECTED or PACKAGED (as opposed to just being dragged & dropped to a folder.)
- Include a low-resolution pdf of the file for proofing purposes.
If Sending Only PDF Files:
- All fonts are embedded
- All images are high resolution CMYK or greyscale, and the pdf file itself is HIGH RESOLUTION.
- Crop Marks and bleeds are included on all PDF’s.
- Provide a PDF in CMYK colorspace for 4-color jobs; For 2 or 3-color jobs, a composite AND a color separated pdf should be provided.
Download a .pdf of our Preflight Checklist